Monday, January 3, 2011

a moment: use less words?

I am very wordy, just ask Verizon....or BK when I went over my minutes last month....ahhh! I have never thought it was a bad trait, but I definitely realize there are times when less words are better. BK is much better than I am at choosing his words. In a situation when I don't know what to say I will just say everything, whereas BK will think first. Recently, he and I were talking about the boys, and he suggested I don't need to use so many words. He felt I was running them over with my words....they can't process it all and just tune it out. I observed for a few days and realized it was true. Especially after time out or a disagreement over a toy I want to "talk it out" but I think my boys don't need that. They need me to keep it short and sweet. I have read a few parenting books and books on discipline and they share BK's opinion. Less words are more. This is challenging for me. But I have taken the challenge. At least when speaking with the boys in areas of direction or discipline keep it simple.
Use less words.....
I am taking the challenge...but I told BK this means I will have more words at night for him....you know I need to reach my word count for the day:) He laughed....I almost don't think he minds all my chatter when he gets home....thank God!

No comments: