Saturday, January 15, 2011

a moment: free babysitting=time to remember

It was Friday 4 PM
BK was due home early around 5:15
I was on the phone with a good friend and she said....
"Bring the boys over I will babysit for a few hours"
I paused: processing....free babysitting....I took it!
4:15
Quick get the boys ready
Pack a bag for them
4:30
Go to my closet
nothing to wear.
Change three times before settling on something slightly cute.
Took a moment to wish I had more clothes that fit curvy nursing Christy.
4:45
plug in straightener
Change Rhett
4:50
try brush and straighten my hair at the same time
apply a bit of make up (which is probably expired)
glance at my cute peep toe heels and realize I live in a place where most of the year they are not practical.
Choose flats.
5:00
nurse Rhett
5:15
Ready for a hot date!!!
BK walked in and we jammed.
We went for big beers and wings.
For over an hour it was bliss.
BK was handsome, funny, and I realized how grateful I am he...we haven't changed.
Our years, location, number of babies, and much more has changed; but sitting there enjoying our beers, we could have been in Davis the first year we met.
We could have been sitting in a booth at Woodstocks.
Same big beers...same BK and Christy....
As the choas of life swirls around it is easy to forget "us"
Tonight reminded me...it is good to remember.

If you ever get offered free babysitting don't turn it down:)
Thanks Emily!!!


No comments: