Wednesday, July 4, 2012

The Tag...

We knew this day was coming.  Russell has a huge blanket he loves, but mostly for the tiny tag and for a while now it has been deteriorating.  For a long time it has only been a few strings left.  Today, it finally came off.  Russell rushed over to me, with tears welling up in his eyes and held it up.  "What is wrong Russell?" then I realized, what he was holding.
"My tag fell off" he cried.
oh no....I just hugged him, and told him we would find another one.
So we are on the hunt...for a new huge blanket with the perfect tiny tag:)




1 comment:

Derricca said...

Oh how we mammas love our babies!

Jacob does the same thing with his blankie. Sometimes I just watch him for a little bit after I lay him down, and the first thing he does is find his tag before he falls asleep. Isn't it funny what tugs at our mamma hearts?

I miss you guys a ton! I hope to come back down before school and come see you. I hope you are holding up well and meeting great people!