Monday, July 16, 2012

Our first ambulance ride

It's still early. 
 Q and are cleaning in the kitchen after breakfast when we hear a loud "thud"
I look at Quint and he says
" that does not sound good"
I see Russell crying the silent cry...
Which is never good and holding his neck.
 He says to me between sobbs my neck hurts!
Oh my gosh...
Oh my gosh....
 I lay him down as a precaution and try to find out what happened.
He said "I dove off the stairs and landed on my head."
What!! 
I thought who does that? 
(My Russell....have to love him:)
 I examined him closer
 and saw his neck was turning 
black and blue
Oh my gosh....!

Grab phone
Call 911
Quint waited for the firemen.
They were here fast.
They looked at Russell and immediately backboarded him
"grab your stuff Mom, we are going"
The fireman said to me.
We all loaded in the ambulance.
Rhett went in a special car seat built in to the ambulance.
Russell was just quiet.
Called mom...she paged BK
the ER doc wanted a CT scan
BK agreed
After the scan and a few hours they determined just a bad bruise:)
Praise God

BK rescued us from the hospital.
It was amazing to be home.
What did I learn?
Always have a go bag...
That is how fast normal life can change....
And ideally no Mommy would ever see her baby loaded in an ambulance.








3 comments:

Andrea G. said...

Oh my goodness mama! Way to stay calm and brave!! PRAISE the LORD he is fine!!!!

Rebecca said...

Seems to be the only child I have seen in the hospital lately is Russell - twice now! He has to stop this.... :/

Susan said...

He looks scared.. I am glad he had His Mom to act quickly. Praise God Russell didn't do damage... just a scare for all!