Friday, August 10, 2012

Piston Cup

Found a great bike trailer on craigslist.  
 It was on my want list forever, 
and it is fantastic.  
I LOVE riding the beach cruiser with the boys, 
especially now the Q can ride with me.
This morning Q and I are riding home from the Y and he shouts over

"Race you home Mom!"
"Ok" I shout back 
(internally trying to suppress my competitive nature)

Then he ups the stakes....
"whoever wins gets the Piston Cup!"
(Cars reference)

Doesn't he realize his mother is EXTREMELY...to a fault competitive......
I start to pedal faster....
I love a good challenge...besides he was so far ahead I had no chance.

I look over at him as he puts his head down,
 intently focused on pedaling as fast as possible
He is so driven...
I am challenged by the race but more by the question running in my mind...
How do we guide his drive?

He beams as he pulls into the driveway ahead of me.
I graciously concede.
Losing the Piston Cup was rough, but
deep down I am proud of his desire to win
{Grin}

No comments: