Thursday, September 2, 2010

Meet your teacher night


Tonight we had meet your teacher night at preschool. It was great. Quint was pumped and I was jazzed BK could be there to get a feel for Quint's school. We toured around to find all the important places, his hook for his back pack, his cubby, the centers room, where he eats his snack, etc. There are two teachers and I hear both are great but I am so happy with the one he got. Mrs. Winstead is kinda like my mom. She has been teacher preschool for 15 years. She has grown children and appears to love little ones. She knelt down next to Quint to introduce herself.

She said "hi Quint, I am so excited you will be in my class this year!"

Quint said nothing. Just stared at her.

I know he is not the most chatty boy but I was hoping for a "hello" or something! I am sure he will warm up, but I couldn't believe even after I prompted him he still just looked at her. It is a big experience, going off to school even if it is only 2 1/2 hours, twice a week. I am a bit nervous about how it will go next week on his first day.

As we were leaving we saw a huge rainbow over the church where Quint's school is held. I felt reassured.


No comments: