Saturday, June 27, 2009

Five Years Today

I don't know if it is like this for everyone but I felt I knew BK was my match from almost the moment I met him. Our courtship was a whirlwind, and I practically ran to the alter. A few minutes before we got married I remember thinking "just don't change your mind!" Today it is five years, I am back at the lake, but this time not in a pretty dress eager to see my groom, I am in sweats chasing around our two boys, and BK is away. We have lived in 6 cities in 4 states and are chasing a crazy dream. We have grown a lot, and I am proud to say we have grown together, but it has taken work. All relationships do.

Today, we are five years wiser, but inside I am still that girl running to the alter, BK is still my match, he challenges me, laughs with me, is weird like me, and I am so grateful that he chose me. Thank you BK for being my husband. I am so proud to be your wife.

1 comment:

Derricca said...

awwwwwwwwww!!! Happy anniversary! :) You are a super writer...love it.