Friday, October 10, 2008

Not an SAHM. I am a FTM.

I have been thinking about it and I dislike the term stay at home mom. I feel it implies that we sit around eating bonbons and watching soaps.
Recently, I was reading in one of my guilty pleasures (chick-lit books) and one of the characters was a self-defined FTD (full-time-dad). It instantly occurred to me...that is a much better title. Full Time Mom, that describes my current profession much better. BK prefers domestic manager, which is what he wrote on our taxes last year. But, I think from now on I will refer to myself as an FTM with pride. It is definitely the hardest job I have ever had.

4 comments:

Susan said...

Honey, you are right it is a full time job, and it is also the most rewarding :) It is so much fun watching your children grow and change at every age( even as adult)
Enjoy! Hi to BK

rebeccaharper said...

AMEN!!!

Anonymous said...

Christy,

I'm just gonna have to mail you some bonbons. I'm a SAHM, a FTM, and almost a FTM to a handful of other kids......and I proudly eat bon-bons. I earn them.

love ya,

Aunt Doreen

Brandon said...

You got it right, Christy! Keep up the good work! All us FTMs are in this togther. :)