Thursday, October 2, 2008

AASP

On Saturday Sept, 20, 2008 my research was presented at the American Association of Sport Psychology conference! (Only six years after I started my masters but who's counting!) I couldn't attend the conference but Dr. Butryn presented my poster for me. It feels so official now that it has been presented. Dr. Butryn said he had a lot of visitors to my poster, and it sparked some great conversation. I am so happy that more people may look in to the emotional stress that can occur when athletes retire from collegiate athletics. Thanks to my participants, Dr. Butryn, and my family for enduring this process.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Wow, that Iowa is really rubbing off on you- go john deere! Love your moments blog. I wish I had a a great pic of Rod and I making out! Miss you. Need to talk, but with the new little man underfoot- no phone time. ;( Booo. Maybe we can skype it soon??

rebeccaharper said...

YEAH!!! it is finally over and your hard work is being recognized!!! GReat job Chrsity

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris. Nice job at getting your poster accepted and presented at AASP. I would, however, mention that AASP stands for the "Association for Applied Sport Psychology", an international organization with members from over thirty countries. Hope that you can come and present at the conference next year in Salt Lake City.

Jack J. Lesyk, Ph.D.
Ohio Center for Sport Psychology

Aaron and Denise said...

Congrats on finishing your masters!!