Sunday, October 5, 2008

No TV...and surviving:)

A few weeks ago the cable man came to turn off our free cable. It was a sad day, especially when we realized our bunny ears did not pick up any channels. We decided to try to live without conventional TV and we are loving it. We stream some news, and our favorite shows on the Internet. Honestly, most of the time I don't really miss it. I don't like waiting till the next day to see the latest Gray's Anatomy but it is a small discomfort. I have found I read more, blog more, and get more done. What I don't miss...commercials. It is great to not be bombarded with ads constantly. I am sure at some point we will go back to TV but for now, we are loving our TV free life.

2 comments:

Brandon said...

If only I could convince Brandon of this! I have a few shows I like, but it really doesn't seem worth the money most days because i really don't need it. Like you said, you get more done!

BK Richardson said...

We had cable?