Thursday, July 22, 2010

Walk on the Farm

My grandparents have had a farm in the country for nearly 50 years. They both loved the land. I have so many memories of them working the land together. With Grandpa gone, Granma still works on her land all summer and loves it. Cutting paths and keeping it up. It is not my passion, but I love it here. I spent lots of time here as a child and have many great memories. I love sharing it with my boys, even though I am kind of a city slicker:)

Quint was eager!
Russell running round the fence too
Exploring the path between the trees
Quint and Russell led the charge
GG was a great guide, giving us nature lessons along the way:)
Russell breaking through the trees
Quint and Russell found a place to hide in the tall grass
Exploring the grass
(they were pumped...I was thinking there are lots of bugs and maybe an animal or two in there...yikes!)
More exploring
Running up the hill in the field
BIG SKY is not just in Iowa!
GG and Grammy make it up the hill



No comments: