Sunday, February 8, 2009

Medical School Formal




Early in the fall, we heard that there would be a formal for the school. I was so excited. I envisioned a swanky event, tall cocktail tables, classy music, and adult conversation with BK's classmates and teachers. Well, it turned out to more like a well dressed frat party. I was a little disappointed, but then I remembered the majority of the students are 22, and that maybe I was just old. But, we got our first babysitter in Iowa, I found a dress on super sale, and I was not going to let it go to waste! It was great to get out, have some drinks, dance and spend time together.
The cutest part was BK got me a cortsage. He is a great hubby.

Lauren is my great mommy friend. Her husband (Tim) is in school with BK and she is a full-time mom as well. She has become a great friend in a short time, and I am so grateful. Usually, we are holding babies, changing diapers, and speaking in phrases between babies care. It was nice to have a grown-up evening together, although we both felt hanging with the babies is just as fun, and cheaper:) I guess I am getting older!


BK with his two of his new school buddies. Gabe and Tim add some sanity to the crazy experience of medical school. It was fun to see them laughing and (most likely not thinking about the next test...at least for a few minutes)

No comments: