Sunday, August 10, 2008

Why are you from 4 states?

It seems the police find you at the most inopportune times. We are moving tomorrow and we are driving back from Super Walmart with the boys. About 1/2 mile from home the lights came on! When he came to the window I could not believe what a mess I was. I don't normally drive when BK is with us so I didn't have my wallet. For some reason I drove home, and I did not have my license. So first question: Why are your tags from Tenn? well we bought the car on Ebay and we are moving tomorrow so we are going to register it when we get there....Next question: Do you have your licence? No...I forgot it...but I have one. Do you have insurance? Yes! Here it is....Why is it from Iowa? We are moving there tomorrow. Ok.....so if I look up your license it will be valid...Yes...is it from NY State? Um...no...CA.....but I memorized the #. (That redeemed me a little but not much). The cop...so your tags are from Tenn, license from CA, insurance from Iowa...and you live in NY? Um...yeah.... Cue Russell....thank goodness Russell started crying! I think he just felt bad for us...and the best news he did not give us a ticket!

No comments: