Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Moving!


We packed up Saturday and left early Sunday morning. It was a sad goodbye, but exciting to be on our own again. I was driving Chuck with Russell and BK and Quint were bonding in the moving truck. Although we are loyal U-haulers...the Penske was much cheaper so we took a chance. We drove 8 hours the first day and stopped in South Bend IN over night. After some delicious Subway we went to bed with the boys around 7:30. We were all in one room, and we were exhausted so even though it seemed early it worked out. After a tasty continental breakfast (with an extremely tall Chinese basketball team) we were back on the road. Only 5 more hours to Iowa City! It was exciting to enter our new state and even more exciting to see our new town. We picked up our keys where I lost my flipflops because they fell out of the car and I didn't notice. We entered our new apartment and it was fabulous. The town was cute, but surprisingly hilly and it had a lot of trees. Both things I did not expect in Iowa. Let the adventure of living in Iowa begin!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Oh, fun- new beginnings! Can't wait to catch up. It's been awhile. J

Susan said...

I think of this video often Christy. It makes me smile!
I still can't believe you didn't miss a state. You are awesome! Love ya, Mom