Friday, January 2, 2009

Polar Bear Swim 2009

We always do the polar bear swim on New Years Day. This year we woke up and the lake had iced over during the night. I have to admit I was relieved. I had a cold and it just seemed painful. Dad was very disappointed. On Jan 2nd we woke up and the ice was gone! This would not be strange if it was warm out but it never got above 32 degrees! I guess we were meant to do it. This was a funny year, the stairs were covered in ice, so Rebecca argued it was too dangerous (while we were all standing outside in our swim suits). It was the first year we videoed the event...I might add it later but for now here are the pics.
I must be truthful....I cheated a little this year...I didn't get my hair totally wet! IT WAS FREEZING...

Ready

Set


Go!


The stairs covered in ice!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Ooooo that looks painfully cold. We did it once with the Canadians up north. They bring spatulas to scrape off the old and all the boys wear tighty-whities they got for Christmas from their mums.

Erin said...

ok....I always knew you guys were crazy....
:-p

Kajsa said...

you are nuts!!! I always had a hard time getting in the water when it was cold in CALI!!! haha