Wednesday, December 24, 2008

A Long Trip to NY

BK and I had a bad feeling about our drive to my parents for Christmas from the beginning. We even had Chuck checked out before the drive just for peace of mind. Monday night we loaded up and headed out. The trip should have taken 13 hours. Lets just say, we made it safely, but that was the best part. Here is our trip in a nutshell
20 hours
4 gas ups
10 episodes of Veggie Tales
1 patch of black ice
1 spinning car
1 crash into the guard rail
0 the number of seconds it takes for me to feel like we were going to die
1 semi truck with flashers on coming straight at us!
2 cop cars
10 dollars for rope to tie done the hood
2 hours in McDonalds decompressing and waiting for the sun to come up (no more driving in the dark!)
40 (the mph I would let BK drive after the accident)
4 safe family members
600-1000 the quote to fix Chuck so we can drive him home

It was traumatic! I am convinced I am not meant to live where their is ice and snow! Praise God for protection, it could have been so much worse. We are especially thankful this Christmas season.

3 comments:

Kajsa said...

Oh my goodness Christy!!! I am glad that you guys are all safe. I have been out here in "ice land" for 5 years now and I still have such a tought time driving through it. Be careful!!!!

Brandon said...

Yikes! How scary! Hope you had a Merry Christmas anyway. Ready to come back to CA??

Julie said...

Yeah, you're safe!! Scarry stuff living in the snow. Can't wait til you're back in Cali ;)